Saturday, November 7, 2015

Only now does it occur to me... ANGEL, "THE RING" (1x16)

Only now does it occur to me... that ANGEL, spin-off of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, once had an episode (entitled "The Ring") which depicted a Demon Kumite.  Fans of BLOODSPORT rejoice–––this is the kind of thing that comes along only once in a million years!  While I have already reviewed ARENA, a Sci-Fi/BLOODSPORT crossover which pits rubbery monsters against each other in space, I never imagined I'd have the chance to see the fusion of Horror Film and BLOODSPORT sensibilities.







And you'll note from the clientele that this isn't your garden variety back alley demon kumite––it's a yuppie demon kumite, similar to what was depicted in the JCVD masterpiece LIONHEART.


Nicely done, ANGEL. Nicely done.
2015 HALLOWEEN COUNTDOWN OVERFLOW

No comments: